Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Story Time at the Library

Well, Hannah and Sarah have been enjoying story time for quite a few months now!  They have completed their 3rd year of Summer Reading Programs!  I am so proud of them!  They really like looking at books and listening when the librarian or mommy and daddy read to them.  They go to the story time for 3 - 5 year olds.  They always do a fun craft after as well!

As for little Brian... that is another story.  For the past two months I have been taking him to the toddler time, but it has not worked out.  He just can't sit still and wants to run around and play. They just made it into the baby/toddler time!  We tried again, but still he just wants to run around the room and touch everything! I was getting embarrassed, frustrated and about to give up...  But, Today we tried again!  IT Went GREAT TODAY!   I am so proud of him!
Here is what I did.  I borrowed a stuffed toy from the library and brought in two board books.  I kept him strapped in his stroller!  He was fine sitting in his stroller, he sang along, listened to the book and loved shaking the little maracas provided by the librarian for singing time!  At the end I had the stuffed animal and let him out of the stroller to go get his participation sticker. Then all the kids can sit and read the provided board books. Brian passed a few books out to the mommies!  After he sat and read for a while I put him back in the stroller and gave him the two board books I brought in the room.  I was able to put back the stuffed animal w/out him noticing!   I was so happy I almost cried!  No kidding!  I was really upset at how the past tries had gone and was AMAZED at how well he did today!  Hope he keeps up the good work!  All from 16mths to 20mths.... try, try, try again! :)