Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cook Book Bday Gift

How could I forget the Cook Book! Yeah!!!! My first cook book ever! So, proud of myself.  I made a Beef Wellington, yum and I got carried away and made Ratatoullle for a side? Hmmm go figure.  After watching lots of Hells kitchen w/ Chef Ramsey, or was it Kitchen Nightmares/// well, I have been wanting to try beef wellington, at the store I asked the butcher for 4-5lbs of Beef Tenderloin, so thankful he showed me 1lb pieces, a good deal at $11.45 wow...... um, not in my ball park, so I quickly had him direct me to some similar meat with a drastic price difference, so I spent $7.00 on a 5lb steak loin or something..... the wellington was really good, but the meat was a tad tough, but you got to compromise when the pocket book matters.   As for the Rat U toooeeee or how ever you pronounce it... I had an eggplant! I really wanted to cook it. Knowing that my husband would kill me if I prepared a full meal with no meat and only a piece of eggplant and decided against eggplant parmasean.  I did the side ratatolleee... it was pretty good.  Now I can say I could egg plant and beef wellington. AND<> my hubby can say he made Bread From SCRATCH!!!!!  :)